Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sonoko

The Emergency Room (EU) doctor in Point Pedro is Sonoko.  She is from Japan, and this is her second mission with MSF.  Previously she was in Pakistan.  Along with Dr. Ben, who I have mentioned before, she is one of the strongest ER physicians that I have seen.  The things that come into the ER include everything from penetrating trauma (knife and gun injuries) to blunt trauma (car and vehicle accidents), to snake bites and sepsis.  She handles it all, and never gets flustered.  Even beyond that, she is designing the disaster management plan for the hospital.  At the house, she and Yuko team up to cook some very excellent meals.  They always seem to be Asian meals, I'm not sure why.  She told me that she is going to have to go back to Japan and work for a while before she can do another mission.  I'm not sure when she is scheduled to leave SL, but whenever it is, she will leave a significant void.

No comments:

Post a Comment