Sunday, April 3, 2011

Losing

The Cricket World Cup is over, and Sri Lanka got beat by a very good Indian team. It would have a been a great win, but even in losing, it was a great ride. The people are very proud of their team. During the game, there were white sheets hung between trees, and a makeshift projector and a loudspeaker system was set up so people could see the match. There were soldiers watching, mixed in and among the local Tamil people. Maybe the national pride felt by a broken nation will be part of the first steps at recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dan.

    To bad, but I imagine it's great to experience cricket in Sri Lanka anyway.

    Nice blog, I found it looking for info on Mullaitivu - I'm supose to join you an the rest of the team as soon as I get my visa.

    S

    ReplyDelete