Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nescafe

There is a noticeable lack of brewed coffee in Sri Lanka. In fact, I'm not sure that I have seen or had a cup of coffee other than when a new expat comes and brings some. We lucked out a couple of weeks ago when someone generously brought some fine coffee from Italy. We were in heaven. But the box was small and lasted only a few days. The small cups of coffee were tiny, espresso sized, to make sure that everyone who wanted some got a taste.

There is Nescafe, however. In fact, they don't call coffee 'coffee', but rather, Nescafe. It's like 'would you like a cup of Nescafe?'. Just thinking of the fine organic coffees that I'm used to makes my mouth water. Yergacheffe from Ethiopa, here I am. Organic Driftless Morning, don't forget about me. Bike Fuel, I can see your label in my mind.

We are in the land of tea, and I do love tea. I drink it every day pretending it is a rich cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment