Sunday, March 13, 2011

Starting Out


Today has been a day of good-byes and hellos. I said a goodbye to my family, who has supported this adventure from the very outset. From the first thoughts about MSF many years ago, to the reality that it has become. Some say that if you think about something hard enough, it becomes real. I guess that we have thought long and hard about this, and here we are, now making it real. I also said hello to New York City old friends Carl and Martin Refsal, who graciously spent their evening with me, sharing a meal and beers, and great conversation.

Tomorrow I am scheduled to meet at the MSF offices for my first briefings. I hope it is OK to wear boxers to briefings.

The next step is unknown. I will be going to Paris to meet at the MSF offices there, and be briefed more. Then off to Sri Lanka.

The adventure has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment