Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cricket

Just an update on the International Cricket Council. Sri Lanka won its first group, and will proceed to the quarter finals. They play tonight against Pakistan. I thought that I would include this, as it is difficult to get the results in the local papers at home. It is fun to see the local children playing cricket in the street or the fields. Just like the old days when we used to play baseball in empty lots. Usually just an old broken board is used as the wicket, but most have some sort of bat. There is always alot of cheering and shouting.
The excitement of the game seems to be an adequate distraction for the difficulties faced on a daily basis just for survival. Which, as I am finding out, is not as easy as we tend to think.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your travel log, Dan. I am enjoying it and pray for your mission. I am so proud of you! I will be anxious to follow along with your journey. God Bless and Keep You. Linda Truitt
    What is a Bovie?

    ReplyDelete