Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Food

I have had several people ask about the food, and what are we eating, and is it good, and what do you think. I ask myself that nearly every day. I have mentioned the buffalo curd, which continues to be present. Our cooks are trying to please most of the ex-pats, by limiting the spices put into the food. I think that this is a mistake. What has happened is that the food becomes somewhat tasteless, instead of spicy. We eat a lot of rice, and sometimes prawns caught in the local lake. There is often fish or crabs, also from the local lake. Cassava and potatoes of some sort, along with some vegetables rounds out the meal. Overall, it is pretty good. The local food is only fair, but in the south of the island, the food is excellent. There just aren't the same resources here in the war-torn north. But, is almost all very local.

No comments:

Post a Comment