Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Radisson


You may be wondering where MSF doctors and staff stay when they are on a mission. I know that I wondered this quite a bit. And then I found out. Houses have been identified in the area as possibilities, and a logistics person basically arranges a rental of the area. We currently have two houses in Mullaitivu, one for the offices, and another down the road for the ex-pats (people like me, who are not locally grown) to live in. It is a small house that we live in, and extra rooms for bedrooms have been built in the backyard. We are really only there to eat and sleep, so we don't need much. My room is about 7 feet by 7 feet. There is a too-small bed, and a small desk. That doesn't leave a lot of extra room. And of course, a mosquito net. Mine is very manly in color. I apologize for the quality of the photo (hand-held at 1/20). Any decorating ideas are welcome, but please keep in mind, that the shopping here is quite limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment