Wednesday, July 11, 2012

100 Cows

Abdulahi, my anesthesia provider, and I were having tea and reminiscing over the day.  We were planning the next OT schedule, and reviewing improvements to be made.  The conversation migrated to family.  He is a Somalian Kenyan, which means that his heritage is Somali, but his tribe lives in the northern area of Kenya in a province called Somalian Kenya.  He showed me a picture of his 2 year old son and 4 month old daughter.  He plans on about six more.  I proudly showed him pictures of my children, Taylor and Kate.  He thought that Taylor looked strong, but when he saw Kate, he exclaimed, "she is worth more than 100 cows!"  This is quite a complement.  It implies not only beauty and strength, but talent as well.  Many of the average girls are only worth 50 to 60 cows.  But a good one is worth more than 100 cows.  I am so proud!

1 comment:

  1. I think Kate is worth more than 100 cows, 10 goats, and at least 3 one eyed cats.

    ReplyDelete